The Job Queue is an advanced tool that can automate processes that would normally require human intervention. The Job Queue can execute single run or recurring tasks based on a schedule established by the user. Flexible scheduling allows you to set the day(s), start time and minutes between run times.
One example of a recurring job is the “Process Service E-mail Queue”. This process sends emails to customers when a Service Work Order is Finished. Using the Job Queue, you can establish a run frequency that sends those e-mail notices to customers in a timely fashion, rather than running the process manually.
Additional examples of processes available for automation with the Job Queue include:
- Batch Post Rental Orders (Rentals)
- Batch E-mail Invoices (Rentals, Sales and Service)
- Calculate Availability (Rentals)
- Electronic Part Order/ Part Return Exports (Purchasing)
- Electronic Warranty Claim Export (Service Management)
- Process Service E-mail Queue (Service Management)
RMI’s “Did You Know” communications provide customers with quick tips for better utilization of their ADVANTAGE solution.