RMI ADVANTAGE uses “Meters” to track the usage of your rental assets. A “Meter” is anything that keeps track of equipment usage. Meters attached to assets track how much a customer actually uses the asset.
- Engine Hours Meter – Keeps track of how many hours an engine has been running.
- Odometer/Hubometer – Keeps track of miles traveled by the vehicle.
- Fuel Gauge – Keeps track of the amount of fuel remaining in a fuel tank.
- Tire and Brake Wear – Keeps track of reducing tread depth and brake pad thickness.
- Planned Maintenance Schedules are based on Meter Readings.
- Choose between billing for all usage or just for usage above an allotted amount that is included in your rental rate.
- Usage billing can be invoiced either at the conclusion of the rental agreement or periodically throughout the rental term.
It is the fairest way to bill for excess usage while helping you track maintenance requirements.
To see a demonstration of how you can track and bill for extra use, please see RMI’s Day in the Life: Equipment Rental with Excess Usage video.
Current ADVANTAGE users can learn more about using these features by logging into our RMI Client Support Site with over 2000 pieces of knowledge, including:
Meters on Rental Assets
FA Meter Maintenance
Helpful tip: When using “Search the RMIKnowledgebase”, set the areas to search to be Documents only.